Re: Expanding the scope (slightly) of dla-needed.txt

Hi,

On 14/03/2024 21:47, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
- FD should be confirming that package removals from dla-needed.txt are
   valid (i.e., that the package does not require any work towards an
   upload to (old)stable)

Phrased that way, I don't really like the idea of FD checking on his peers' work.

I believe this is better from a person with a hierarchical relationship (such as coordinator... :)), and long-term availability (by-week FD probably won't check Sunday's uploads, nor ping possibly busy contributors the next weeks to clarify if work is needed and/or underway).

Technically the tracking should already happen in data/dsa-needed.txt (for a confirmed DSA) or bugs.debian.org tag=pu (for point updates). So we only want to track a temporary state when the possibility of a LTS-Team-made update is initially coordinated with secteam and/or package maintainer. Do we really need that? :)

Cheers!
Sylvain