Debian LTS and ELTS - July 2023

Here is my public monthly report.

Thanks to our sponsors for making this possible, and to Freexian for
handling the offering.
https://www.freexian.com/lts/debian/#sponsors

LTS

- nsis
  - Test and review DLA 3483-1 from Sean Whitton
    https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts/2023/07/msg00019.html
    https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts-announce/2023/07/msg00005.html

- python-git
  - DLA 3502-1 (1 CVE + 1 pending)
    https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts-announce/2023/07/msg00024.html

- grpc
  - Investigate status including confusions in CVE descriptions
  - Drop (no more open issues)

ELTS

- mailman
  - Preliminary ELA work
  - Cancel due to end of ELTS support

- python-git
  - Discover incomplete fix for CVE-2022-24439 and coordinate new fix
    https://github.com/gitpython-developers/GitPython/pull/1609
  - ELA-894-1 (stretch, 1 CVE + 1 pending)
    https://www.freexian.com/lts/extended/updates/ela-894-1-python-git/

- twisted
  - Clean-up/refresh Git branches
  - ELA-896-1 (stretch & jessie, 3 CVEs)
    https://www.freexian.com/lts/extended/updates/ela-896-1-twisted/

- Front Desk (week 31 1/2)
  - Start triaging open issues
  - Re-check qemu open CVEs waiting for official patches
  - Fix 2 incomplete ELA entries in security trackers
  - Document sox upstream status
  - Clean-ups/precisions in work queue and package database

Documentation and tooling

- Improve work queue report ('find-work')
  (private tooling planned to be made public)
  - Query maintainer coordination info from existing 'lts-do-call-me' file
  - Clean-up package database accordingly and coordinate with 1 maintainer
  - Fix crash

- LTS Documentation
  - TestSuites: further twisted testing
    https://lts-team.pages.debian.net/wiki/TestSuites/twisted.html

- Fix DLA-3309-1/graphite-web announcement on webmasters notice
  https://bugs.debian.org/1041539

- Continue discussion on making stable-security build logs public
  after package release
  https://salsa.debian.org/lts-team/lts-extra-tasks/-/issues/51#note_412097

- Internal discussion on GitLab issue-based workflow for package
  updates

- Help newcomers on IRC

--
Sylvain Beucler