Re: Possibility of LTS fix for Samba?

Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote on 20/07/2023 12:33:
> On Thu, Jul 20, 2023 at 01:30:32PM +0300, Michael Tokarev wrote:
>>
>> It come to my attention that a discussion is happening about samba
>> and LTS (and the same applies to oldstable too).
>
> It's also worth noting that support for running Samba as an AD  domain
> controller was already EOLed two years ago in
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2021/msg00201.html

Thanks Michael and Moritz for your responses.

It's clear from both your comments that remaining on Buster with an updated Samba 4.9.5 is not a sane option.

I think upgrading our Samba servers to Bullseye and then Samba from backports (or Michael's repo) is the approach I'll take. Hopefully the Samba upgrade will be relatively painless. :-).

Thanks again.

Ronny
--
Ronny Adsetts
Technical Director

Registered office: 85 Waldegrave Park, Twickenham, TW1 4TJ
Registered in England. Company No. 4042957