Re: nsis CVE-2023-37378

Hello Sean,

I had a quick test with my:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/freedink.git/tree/nsis
which is kinda old but does call WriteUninstaller.
The installer and uninstaller appear to work correctly in a W10 VM.

About the source changes, I'd recommend to use the CVE ID as part of the patch file name (otherwise it can be tedious to determine which fixed what, especially later on if there's (upstream) confusion over CVEs or regression fixes to consider). In addition I like to add a couple fields to note the source of the patch and some who/when info, e.g.:
https://salsa.debian.org/lts-team/packages/runc/-/blob/debian/buster/debian/patches/CVE-2022-29162.patch

Cheers!
Sylvain Beucler
Debian LTS Team