Re: MariaDB 10.3.39

Hi!

FYI, MariaDB did an extra batch of releases in June. This message is
about 10.3 series.

No MariaDB 10.3.40 did not happen as 10.3 series it out of scope.
However, thinking of cherry-picking 10.4 changes, I did however check
the release notes of 10.4.30. The 3 top issues at
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb-10-4-30-release-notes/ I tracked
down to be commits:

https://github.com/MariaDB/server/commit/928012a27ae2d1549f1b3e6975b9d22652bbea3a.patch
https://github.com/MariaDB/server/commit/8f3bf593d24de9cd4744e71c86de80cd502786c7.patch
https://github.com/MariaDB/server/commit/aa713f5ae20513b0c4d9a74ea3ba3ea3bbdcd719.patch

None of the above applied cleanly on 10.3.39, so I gave up.

The 4th issue in release notes is reverting a change that I checked
was never on 10.3 series at all, so not relevant.

As an extra experiment I mass applied all commits from 10.4 branch on
10.3 that applied easily in
https://salsa.debian.org/mariadb-team/mariadb-10.3/-/merge_requests/38
and pushed to CI to see how much breaks.

This type of backporting has never been done, so this is a bit of
experimental, but I wanted to try it out and ask thoughts about if
this makes sense from the LTS team.

- Otto