nvidia-cuda-toolkit for buster

Hi,

I'm currently triaging nvidia-cuda-toolkit for buster:
buster has 9.2.148-7+deb10u1, which is upstream version 9.2.148 with patch 1 [1]
This seems to be the latest upstream version from the 9.2 series, and
9.2.x seem to be EOL, so there is no new upstream release expected to target any
bugs or CVEs.

An option might be to update the cuda toolkit to a newer version. However:
- Buster has nvidia drivers 418.xxx (EOL too). [2] tells us that this puts an upper
cap on cuda-toolkit to version 10.1.
- 10.1 are not binary-compatible with the 9.2 series, a SO-NAME bump is requred,
  so cuda applications will not work without recompilation.
- 10.1 seems also to be EOL, but I couldn't find a site explictly stating so.
  ([3] does not mention cuda versions <11 at all…)

As said, higher version would require newer nvidia-drivers, and additionally,
stop supporting several cards (e.g some Kepler cards, also on [3])

So my recommendation would be to put nvidia-cuda-toolkit on the "not-supported"
list.

Any thoughts?

(CC'ing Axel and Graham so they can intervene if I got something wrong)

[1] https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-92-download-archive?target_os=Linux&target_arch=x86_64&target_distro=Fedora&target_version=27&target_type=runfilelocal
[2] https://docs.nvidia.com/deploy/cuda-compatibility/index.html#minor-version-compatibility
[3] https://docs.nvidia.com/datacenter/tesla/drivers/index.html#lifecycle