Re: Any Chance of a Live Kernel Update?

On Wed, 2023-02-22 at 12:13 +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:

> Unfortunately not the correct mailing list.
> This is the mailinglist for security updates of buster.

The request for applying Linux kernel security fixes without reboot
is even more useful for Debian oldstable/stable, which do not recieve
major version upgrades for the Linux kernel, only minor ones, which
presumably are possible to turn into Linux kernel livepatch modules.

AFAIK the only available Linux kernel livepatch services are from
RedHat, SUSE, Ubuntu etc and all of them require paid subscriptions.

I expect the Freexian sponsors would welcome such a service for Debian
and it seems like a good idea even if it was to be a paid subscription.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise