Re: [Debian-salsa-ci] Using Salsa-CI as pre-upload QA for Bullseye and Buster uploads: Lintian and Piuparts

Hi!

El 14/11/22 a las 09:52, Chris Lamb escribió:
> Hi Otto,
>
> > I was wondering how common is it for DDs to use Salsa-CI while doing
> > quality assurance prior to Bullseye and Buster uploads?
>
> Since Debian LTS and ELTS changed its policy to use Salsa a few months
> back, I have been using the CI features of salsa to perform extra QA
> before uploads; as in, I do not upload until it is all green there
> as well. I'm now doing the same with my "own" packages.
>
> > I do however have some challenges that some of the build jobs don't
> > honor the RELEASE variable. For example Lintian is run with the latest
> > 2.115 version and not the Bullseye/Buster version, so it leads to
> > failures that are not actual regressions.

Could you please share example of *build* jobs, those of the build
stage, that haven't honored the RELEASE variable? It that is the case,
there should be a bug in the pipeline.

For the lintian job, see below.

> Can you briefly clarify what this reference to RELEASE refers to? I
> initially thought it was something specific to MariaDB, but your
> reference to Lintian suggests otherwise. Is it the:
>
>   https://salsa.debian.org/salsa-ci-team/pipeline#changing-the-debian-release
>
> … variable?

I think Otto refers to this kind of questions (or rather the questions
tacked by this MR):
https://salsa.debian.org/salsa-ci-team/pipeline/-/merge_requests/347

Cheers,

 -- Santiago