Re: Cannot read newsgroups with new Thunderbird

On 14/10/2022 at, I wrote:

On 14/10/2022 at 11:08, Miroslav Skoric wrote:

Thank you for comment. Unfortunately, I do not have any machine running bullseye or bookworm, so I cannot test it myself. Hope someone will do.

I use thunderbird with NNTP on bullseye, it works as well as the previous version.

Hmm, actually not. It works with my usual (unauthenticated) server but not an authenticated server I had not used since the upgrade. According to tcpdump, it performs authentication then just sits there.

As found on a newsgroup, setting mailnews.nntp.jsmodule=false fixed the issue.