Re: Closing of buster-backports?

On 2022-09-05 18:47, Utkarsh Gupta wrote:
Hello,

Now that buster is LTS and no longer officially supported, should the
-backports pocket be closed? AFAIK, buster just receives the security
uploads by the -security pocket and shouldn't have -backports open
anymore. I hope I am not mistaken or missing anything?

FTR, packages are still entering the -backports pocket and this
probably needs to stop(!?)

Why should it stop? If people are willing to do the work to backport a package, why should it be blocked? The understanding is that the release as a whole will not be supported, but voluntary updates will continue.

--
Jonathan