Re: [Git][security-tracker-team/security-tracker][master] 8 commits: Wrote a script to bulk add EOL entries for LTS buster.

Hi Emilio

See below inline.

On Tue, 12 Jul 2022 at 22:31, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 12/07/2022 13:51, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> > Hi Emilio
> >
> > Sorry for this. I used the lts-cve-triage.py script and noticed a ton
> > of things to do.
>
> Heh. Salvatore predicted that that script would suggest triaging buster, and
> this would happen. I thought my emails would be enough, but as usual he was
> correct :)

:-D

> > I checked this page https://wiki.debian.org/LTS.
> >
> > And it says "July, 2022 to June, 2024", so this was why I drew the
> > conclusion that we had already taken over the security support for
> > buster. Reading more in the email chains I realize I was wrong in that
> > conclusion.
> >
> > I guess this page was updated a little too early, or at least not with
> > enough precision.
>
> You can change that to "some day in August 2022".

I see someone has changed it to Auguest 1st so I'll let that be.

> > Do we have a date for buster takeover?
> >
> > I found a discussion in my email log from a few days ago and it
> > mentions that buster will have a point release in August.
>
> Not yet, it will be announced later this month.
>
> btw, I'm still confused about those EOL of yours. You said in the other thread
> that your commits should be reapplied once buster is handled by the LTS team.
> However, I don't know why e.g. node, or libspring-java, or gpac would be EOL in
> buster. They are in stretch, but not in buster, and they don't automatically
> propagate to buster once we take over it. If you think one of those should be
> EOL, please send an email to the list with your reasons, so that it can be
> discussed. And if in the end it is EOL'ed, then that should be announced
> (through a DLA) and properly marked as such in debian-security-support (with an
> eventual upload).

You are right. I was confused by the scripts. The script told me
buster but in fact it was stretch it was checking.
I hope my script fix a few days ago will fix that confusion for others.

// Ola

/  opal@debian.org                     ola@inguza.com                  \
|  http://inguza.com/                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |