What are we supporting with LTS now? Please advice

Hi all

I'm front desk this week. After doing a few things yesterday Emilio
reverted my commits (thank you for that), with the motivation that
buster is not yet LTS responsibility.

Markus removed all stretch entries when he was front desk last week as
can be seen in a separate email chain.

On https://wiki.debian.org/LTS I can read that the breakpoint date was
30th of june this year. But this is not the case as I understand.

So now I'm a little confused.

We (as LTS team) are obviously not responsible for buster yet.

But are we responsible for anything? It looks like we are in a limbo.

What should I triage as front desk?
- Stretch?
- Buster?

What makes sense to me would be to continue supporting stretch, and
help security team with triaging individual CVEs for buster, but not
actually make any decisions for buster.

If we should still support stretch, I guess we should:
- revert the commits that removed stretch packages from dla-needed.txt
along with updates to the lts triage scripts (and possibly more)
- update the wiki

If we should not support stretch I think we anyway need to update the wiki page.

And then when we do take over buster, then apply those patches again.

Please advise

Thank you in advance

// Ola

|  ola@inguza.com                    opal@debian.org            |