Re: ntp warnings with tzdata leap-seconds file

On 27/06/2022 16:33, Marc SCHAEFER wrote:
On another subject, I still get the ntp warnings even after updating tzdata,
and restarting ntpd manually, also with buster:

Jun 27 16:31:40 virtual ntpd[17024]: leapsecond file ('/usr/share/zoneinfo/leap-seconds.list'): will expire in less than one day

Hmm, that's weird, the leap-seconds file was certainly updated (I just double checked that again). Oh wait, you said *buster*. That seems correct as well, I assume you have 2021a-0+deb10u5? I'm not sure if you can force a reload of that file. I think it happens periodically, but I'm surprised it's still warning about this.

Emilio