Re: RFR: openscad update

On Mon, Jun 27, 2022 at 10:29:20PM +0200, Helmut Grohne wrote:

> I am having difficulties understanding the process then. I was assuming
> that packages added to dla-needed.txt would need an update. If my
> understanding of the process is correct, an unimportant issue should be
> marked in data/CVE/list and not being added to dla-needed.txt in the
> first place.

It was my same understanding at first. In practice, most packages I
picked up from dla-needed.txt I ended up handling by having a closer
look, some online exchanges, and tagging in data/CVE/list

My updated understanding is that the triaging that makes packages end up
in *-needed.txt cannot be as in depth as that which can be done
downstream of it.

I still feel new on this job, so I'm using this as an opportunity to get
peer review on my updated understanding :)

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/634F4BD1E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>