Re: How to interpret packages-to-support

Hi Roberto, Sylvain, all

I have the same view as you, almost. The LTS packages-to-support list
has some meaning since it indicates how important packages is to
update so it gives some priority information.

The thing here is that in this case the package I asked for is
non-free, and that means that it is not generally supported. But since
we have a very similar package in the packages-to-support list I was
wondering whether we should support this one too.

Specifically for nvidia-graphics-drivers-legacy-340xx I wonder if we
should support it even if it is in the non-free section because we say
we should support nvidia-graphics-drivers.

I guess I will not get an answer today so I'll leave this to the next
front-desk person (Sylvain) tomorrow.

Cheers

// Ola

|  ola@inguza.com                    opal@debian.org            |