Re: How to interpret packages-to-support

On Fri, May 20, 2022 at 11:09:47PM +0200, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> Hi LTS team
>
> I looked at nvidia-graphics-drivers-legacy-340xx who have two CVEs. I
> can see that this package is not in "packages-to-support" for LTS. But
> I can see that nvidia-graphics-drivers is.
> I'm not sure how to interpret this. Do the entry in
> packages-to-support mean that all nvidia-graphics-drivers packages
> should be supported or just the specific one listed.
>
> Anyone know this?

Hi Ola,

I encountered this some time back when I was doing FD work.  My
recollection of Raphael's guidance is that packages-to-support really
only applies for ELTS (where sponsors decide which specific packages
they will pay to support).  For LTS, we support all packages except
those which the Security Team had previously decided to drop and those
which the LTS Team has decided to drop.  The LTS triage script retrieves
the current list from debian-security-support package, so it should
point out which packages are EOL or have limited security support.  All
other packages are supported as usual.

Regards,

-Roberto

--