Re: libspring-java support

Hi Holger,

On 02/04/2022 14:30, Holger Levsen wrote:
On Fri, Apr 01, 2022 at 12:06:40PM +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
Holger, can you clarify if you want the LTS team to handle
debian-security-support backports to stretch, or if you intend to do it
yourself?

thanks for asking, I'd be glad for more people maintaining debian-security-support
including backports, whether it's BTS maintenance, GIT commits or uploads.

All changes should be introduced in unstable first, and then migrate to testing.
To support stable and older releases there are GIT branches.

Usually only support status updates are applied to stable and older branches.

If in doubt whether something should be committed for unstable,
please open a MR on salsa.debian.org so the change can be discussed there.

I've also just copied the above words in debian/README.source in the
master branch of the package. Further improvements very welcome. :)

Great.

I referenced this in the wiki [1] and in dla-needed.txt so somebody should propose a backport soon.

Cheers!
Sylvain

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Development?action=diff&rev2=287&rev1=286