Re: bug in glibc package

Hi Alex,

On 03/03/2022 22:08, Alex King wrote:
In Debian 9 Stretch, I am seeing this bug (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=987266).

This means that when I try to use a kernel with a revision later than 254 i get an error, e.g. I'm trying to use a 4.14.264 kernel.

It seems like this is a simple fix, (e.g. just take the offending block out, https://salsa.debian.org/glibc-team/glibc/-/commit/b3c76cf1cd0c8b6e4844c6362a45143c136a2900).

If that was acceptable, how would I go about getting this into LTS? Happy to do a little work on it if I knew what to do.

You can workaround this by setting an ABI like Debian does, e.g. 4.14.0-n. However that would only work if you have control over that.

I'll take a look at this though. I'd prefer if this went into bullseye/buster before touching it in stretch. For now you could ping that bug as well (even if you're in stretch, this could affect you once you upgrade to buster/bullseye).

Cheers,
Emilio