Re: [SECURITY] [DLA 2743-1] amd64-microcode security update

Utkarsh Gupta <utkarsh@debian.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 8:19 PM <brn@iinet.net.au> wrote:
>> Since the published date of the Debian LTS Advisory (DLA-2743-1), to this point
>> in time, the upgraded package fails to be discovered by "aptitude update".
>>
>> My investigation has found that the expected upgraded package,
>> "amd64-microcode_3.20181128.1~deb9u1_amd64.deb", is missing from:
>>
>> https://security.debian.org/debian-security/pool/updates/non-free/a/amd64-microcode/
>>
>> Also, the package list shown below has not been updated since 09
>> July, 2021:
>>
>> https://security.debian.org/debian-security/dists/stretch/updates/non-free/binary-amd64/Packages.xz
>>
>> Are you able to advise me on the actual status of this upgrade?
>
> Yep, your investigation was correct. The upload, as pointed in
> DLA-2743-1, didn't produce the binaries as expected and hence weren't
> discovered by apt/aptitude when you tried to update. However, I've
> published DLA-2743-2[1] a while back which should fix this problem.
> The binaries are now available and the usual upgrade should work as
> expected.
>
> [1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts-announce/2021/10/msg00012.html
>
> If you run into any problems pertaining to this, please don't hesitate
> to reach out. Thank you!
>

> - u

Hi Utkarsh,

Thank you for responding to my query regarding the status of this
package, this is indeed very much appreciated.

I ran aptitude(8) this morning and successfully upgraded to the new
binary.  So far, no problems.

My kindest regards,
BRN :)