Re: ccextractor embeds unpatched and vulnerable source code from gpac in buster - 994746

Hi Neil,

On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 6:34 PM Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
> So far, opinion (Sebastien, Raphael & I) is all for option C: - leave
> ccextractor unchanged in buster.
>
> Have I missed another solution? Does anyone object to adopting solution
> C:?

I spent some time on this during my FD duty a couple of weeks ago and
then some more time this week and I think what you propose is the best
way forward. I could reproduce most™ of the things you mentioned and
came to the same conclusion. Option A, for sure, increases a lot of
technical debt, unnecessarily - a no-go. Option B, whilst seems
reasonable, also increases the debt (though) by half but is still a
whole lotta work for (very) little benefit! - a no-go. And so option
C, in my opinion, is the best way compromise we can do here and thus
the best plausible option we have. +1 to what you have proposed.

- u