Re: Lintian changes for LTS development?

Hi Ola,

> My guess has been that we should not generally fix lintian warnings
> unless they are really important.

(Agree with this, of course.)

> So I assume quite a few of them could be removed. But maybe I'm wrong
> here.

That could work, although it would have the drawback of potentially
hiding the "really important" tags. I suspect we should only consider
removing/hiding tags if they were somehow introduced by the LTS update
process itself. Or, putting it another way: in the usual case, there
should probably be no difference between the Lintian output between
before and after applying a fix for relevant CVE(s)?

      ,''`.
     : :'  :     Chris Lamb
     `. `'`      lamby@debian.org 🍥 chris-lamb.co.uk
       `-