Re: Update of debian-archive-keyring in stretch?

Hi Utkarsh,

On Tue, 14 Sep 2021, Utkarsh Gupta wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 12:33 AM Utkarsh Gupta <utkarsh@debian.org> wrote:
> > > The missing key creates problems for example with simple-cdd:
> > > https://bugs.debian.org/992966
> >
> > Okay, I'll be happy to do the update. Though I wonder if it'd rather
> > be helpful in just doing a rebuild of buster to stretch instead of
> > backporting the changes each time?
>
> Slight ping on this. I'm inclined towards rebuilding the same package
> for stretch. Does anybody have an opinion or opposition on this? :)
>
> I intend to do this in the next couple of days, so let me know what
> you think.

Did you look at the differences to make up your mind before asking the
question?

I know that manually playing with jetring is not really fun but there are
a number of differences that make it likely that backporting the change
is probably safer (dependency removal, separate keyrings) to not introduce
unexpected changes.

  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀   Raphaël Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁
  ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋    The Debian Handbook: https://debian-handbook.info/get/