ieee-data: are you interested in fixing a non-security related issue?

Hello team,

I was recently doing some work on ieee-data to put the package in a
better shape overall and ended up submitting a stretch-pu request to
the release team (I thought we were still in 2020 when I saw the July
6, 2020 date for stretch LTS /facepalm).

Is the LTS team interested in the fix? It's for a critical issue on
one script provided by the package, reported at #908623 and #932711:

You can read more details about the fix and the general description of
the issue at the stretch-pu request #989502:

If you believe it makes sense to fix this for stretch (without a DLA),
can you give me instructions on how to proceed or take over?

I would appreciate it if you could cc me on the replies.

Thank you.

--
Samuel Henrique <samueloph>