Re: CVE-2021-32642 in radsecproxy

On 27.05.21 11:18, Chris Lamb wrote:
Hi Sven,

there is a (very) minor security flaw in the radsecproxy package.

I have prepared updated packages, available via
https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/radsecproxy/radsecproxy_1.6.8-1+deb9u1.dsc
for you.

Thanks for preparing a package and, at a quick glance, I would be
happy to upload it. Just to 100% check though:  you are not in a
position to upload it, create and publish a DLA, update the website,
etc.? (Just avoiding duplicate work.)

Hello Chris,

No, I am just a sponsored uploader, not a DD or DM.

As for the security issue: two example scripts were vulnerable but those are not installed into any bin-directory in Debian and only shipped in the examples/ directory in the documentation.

So the severity is very very low.

Grüße,
Sven.