Re: Upgrade problems from LTS -> LTS+1

Hi,

On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 08:14:12AM +0200, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was thinking more on placing it in the security tracker bin folder for
> easy access. Or do you think we should consider it as a separate tool with
> its own repo?

Given (if) it is specific to things fixed in previous LTS (now ELTS)
to LTS, please keep it outside the security-tracker and use it instead
in a (E)LTS specific repository.

Alternatively if it's parametrised as such that by can cover the
regular supported suites by default (not from "external" ELTS -> LTS)
and report problems from (currently stretch -> buster), and e.g. by an
--lts parameter and a URI from jessie -> stretch -- then I guess we
can discuss indeed having it in the security-tracker bin. But in
general the rule would be not ELTS dependencies in the
security-tracker itself.

Regards,
Salvatore