Re: gb: ghostscript_9.26a~dfsg-0+deb9u7

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 10:52:12AM +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> On 24/08/2020 07:42, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 02:08:44PM +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> >> I cannot find an explanation for this error, and the package builds
> >> fine on porterbox abel.debian.org (see
> >> ~beuc/ghostscript_9.26a~dfsg-0+deb9u7_armhf.build), so I suppose a
> >> transient buildd failure occurred.
> > Race conditions are rarely always reproducible.
>
> This statement sounds condescending and somewhat ruins what was a nice
> e-mail so far :/

It was not intended this way.

The difference between "condescending" and "useful information" is what
level of knowledge you already have.

Unless one knows the skills of the other person well,
one always ends up explaining either too few or too much.

And yes, I have gotten "but it did work when I tried" replies
from DDs when discussing these kind of issues.

> Cheers!
> Sylvain

cu
Adrian