Re: (semi-)automatic unclaim of packages with more than 2 weeks of inactivity (and missing DLAs on www.do)

Hi

One thing to consider when implementing a delay. You typically reserve the DLA some time before making the update so the time you select will most likely be wrong.
Based on this I tend to agree with Holger that any time you select will not be suitable. :-)

But sure some delay may be ok.

// Ola

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 at 00:08, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
hi Sylvain,

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 11:45:03PM +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> > - DLA 2332-1 (reserved by Sylvain Beucler)
> I just uploaded it, I am waiting for the ftp confirmation mail, I didn't
> even send it by e-mail yet - don't harass me!! ;)
>
> More seriously, we could add a delay.

I believe that wouldn't change anything. If the script would only
complain about DLA reservations X hours old, of course $you would send
the DLA right after my mail / after X hours + 2 minutes.

p.s.: as an after thought re: "don't harass me" (though I get it was a
joke, but I think the joke conveyed a useful notion): maybe my semiautomatic
mails should have a permanent disclaimer that being 'called out' by them is
nothing bad and doesn't deserve any explaination, just fixing? I've just took
a note to do so next monday, please help me to word this disclaimer nicely.

> Also, I remember we added the uploader name to make it easier for
> everybody to notice what needs to be fixed, but for roughly the same
> informational value it may be nicer to mention the package name instead.

that seriously would be a good improvement! patches welcome! ;-D

> What script is responsible for this?

find-missing-advisories in debian-webwml.git, to be used like this:

cd ~/Projects/security-tracker
git pull
cd ~/Projects/debian-www/webwml
git pull
./english/security/find-missing-advisories --mode DLA --tracker ../../security-tracker/ 2>&1

(while having these git repos cloned into those paths...)

--
cheers,
        Holger

"There's no glory in prevention." (Christian Drosten)

|  ola@inguza.com                    opal@debian.org            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |