Re: supported Ruby packages

Quack Beuc,

Long time no quack.

On 2020-07-06 22:27, Sylvain Beucler wrote:

I was reacting to redmine actually.

Maintainer bit here o/

Well I have to admit I do not agree with Praveen's conception. The general acceptance in Debian for as long I've been in is that once you're in the maint/uploaders fields you're responsible of the package wherever it is in Debian. I even got slapped one day because I made a mistake in an experimental upload! (but that's extreme crazyness) You can call for help and now you can state your limited involvement in debian-security-support, but you're expected to make problems known in some way. Some even RC-bug their own package to avoid them reaching a release.

It's very interesting because I've been in this team for quite some time and I never knew of this.

Now for Redmine I do care about fixes and security as much as possible (all suites, bpo included), but I clearly cannot be a caretaker for the huge dependency tree lying beyond (except for the few bits where I decided to be in the maint/uploaders fields). I occasionally do a fix when I have time but that's more of the level of oneshot QA upload. I also check things when my DDPO page turns red (very handy).

Regards.
\_o<

--
Marc Dequènes