Re: Fixes for CVE-2020-13696 (#962221)

On Mon, Jul 06, 2020 at 05:10:30AM +0000, Vasyl Gello wrote:
> Thanks for contributing the security release! I checked your changes and pushed them to the team repo.
> I do not have an upload rights, so CCing Sebastian and Mattia.

Sure,

but could either of you do a bunch of housekeeping work as well, like:
 * bumping dh compat
 * drop --dbgsym-migration
 * drop the .menu files
 * would be awesome to have the copyright file rewrote using dep-5
 * ....

Also, the commit adding the CVE patch mentions "partial fix", as does
the sec-tracker page.  Can anybody explain shortly what's with that,
where is the full fix (if there is), and how come the LTS upload claims
this to be fully fixed instead (CCing the LTS team and the uploader for
this).

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo