Re: Wheezy LTS not present in archive.debian.org

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort ha scritto il 17/03/20 alle 10:00:
[...]
Actually it was properly archived, but under /debian-security/, e.g.:

http://archive.debian.org/debian-security/dists/wheezy/updates/
I'm sorry, it's my fault. In effect at the end of support time, launching the update, the message "the release is expired" is shown and the system breaks the updates from security repo. So instead to configure apt to ignore the end of support (i.e. set 0 to Acquire::Check-Valid-Until) I have commented the security repo so it was no way to access security lts updates. Configuring apt to ignore the end of support apt can be updated and packages can be upgraded from security lts...

A last thought: it was no better to show only the message and don't break the updates from lts security repo? ...something is better than nothing, isn't it?

Any way thank you very much indeed!

Piviul