Re: Wheezy LTS not present in archive.debian.org

On Fri, 2020-03-13 at 16:29 +0100, Piviul wrote:
> Sylvain Beucler ha scritto il 06/03/20 alle 13:14:
> > [...]
> > Good question :)
> >
> > Snapshot saved the deb7u16 update as part of wheezy-security in 2018:
> > https://snapshot.debian.org/package/samba/2%3A3.6.6-6%2Bdeb7u16/
> >
> > There's a modified copy of Wheezy LTS as part of the ELTS project
> > (deb7u19, 2019):
> > https://deb.freexian.com/extended-lts/
> > https://deb.freexian.com/extended-lts/pool/main/s/samba/
> >
> > I also see there's a copy of Squeeze LTS in the Debian archive:
> > http://archive.debian.org/debian/dists/squeeze-lts/
> > and a copy of Wheezy pre-LTS (2016):
> > http://archive.debian.org/debian/dists/wheezy/
> > but there's no copy of Wheezy LTS.
> >
> > Anybody knows if there's an archived copy of Wheezy LTS/pre-ELTS?
> I have to guess that nobody have to spend time to know why LTS/pre-ELTS
> packages are not gone in debian wheezy archive?
>
> ...I can understand. Any way "normally" when a distribution is archived
> all LTS security updates should be end in archived repos?

During the full support period, all security updates are rolled up into
point releases of the corresponding suite in the main archive, and that
suite is copied to archive.debian.org later.

During the extended support period covered by the LTS team, there are
no more point releases and so security updates are not copied to the
main archive, or from there to archive.debian.org.  (But squeeze-lts
was on the main archive, so it was copied along with the main squeeze
suite.)

So it seems that we are lacking a procedure for archiving a suite from
the security archive.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings