Re: Assistance with building symfony for jessie

On 13/01/2019 07:51, Abhijith PA wrote:
> Hi Roberto
>
> On Sunday 13 January 2019 06:26 AM, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have been working on the LTS update for symfony and while I completed
>> the backports of all of the patches several weeks ago I have not managed
>> to get the package to build on jessie.  In particular, the build fails
>> because of the unit tests.
>>
>> To determine if any of my changes had anything to do with the unit test
>> failures I attempted to build the current version in jessie,
>> 2.3.21+dfsg-4+deb8u3.  That build attempt also failed.
>>
>> I tried several different approaches to building the package (version
>> 2.3.21+dfsg-4+deb8u3) using different versions of dependencies to see
>> some dependency update along the way triggered new failures.  Here are
>> the build attempts I made:
>>
>> - build in an updated jessie cowbuilder with gbp (FAIL)
>> - build in a jessie chroot using dpkg-buildpackage with dependencies at
>>   versions as they existed when version 2.3.21+dfsg-4+deb8u3 was
>>   uploaded on 10 May 2016 (FAIL)
>> - build in a jessie chroot using dpkg-buildpackage with dependencies at
>>   versions as they existed at the initial release of jessie (FAIL)
>> - build in a wheezy cowbuilder with gbp (FAIL, some dependencies do not
>>   exist in wheezy)
>> - build in a stretch cowbuilder with gbp (FAIL, some dependencies do not
>>   exist in stretch)
>>
>> Since symfony is arch:all, there are no buildd logs to consult.  As a
>> result, it would be helpful if one or two others out there could attempt
>> to build symfony 2.3.21+dfsg-4+deb8u3 and report on the result.  If the
>> build is successful, I would appreciate a copy of the build log.  Or,
>> perhaps, if you are able/willing to finish the update and perform the
>> upload, I can provide my patches.
>
> My build is also failing with around 20 unit test failures.

I also tried here, both on a chroot and on a VM, and also got that:

FAILURES!
Tests: 11817, Assertions: 22122, Failures: 20, Skipped: 1348.

Looking at the log, it seems most failures are somehow date/time related. So I
thought they could either be due to new tzdata updates, or due to the time shift
from when that package was updated (e.g. a certificate used in the test suite
could be set to expire in 2017). That was easy to test, so I set my system time
to 2015-01-14 and re-run the build on a chroot:

FAILURES!
Tests: 11817, Assertions: 22122, Failures: 4, Skipped: 1348.

Those failures are:

Time: 2.27 minutes, Memory: 759.25Mb

There were 4 failures:

1)
Symfony\Component\Validator\Tests\Constraints\IpValidatorTest::testInvalidReservedIpsV4
with data set #1 ('224.0.0.1')
Failed asserting that actual size 0 matches expected size 1.

/build/symfony-2.3.21+dfsg/src/Symfony/Component/Validator/Tests/Constraints/AbstractConstraintValidatorTest.php:335
/build/symfony-2.3.21+dfsg/src/Symfony/Component/Validator/Tests/Constraints/IpValidatorTest.php:208

2)
Symfony\Component\Validator\Tests\Constraints\IpValidatorTest::testInvalidPublicIpsV4
with data set #4 ('224.0.0.1')
Failed asserting that actual size 0 matches expected size 1.

/build/symfony-2.3.21+dfsg/src/Symfony/Component/Validator/Tests/Constraints/AbstractConstraintValidatorTest.php:335
/build/symfony-2.3.21+dfsg/src/Symfony/Component/Validator/Tests/Constraints/IpValidatorTest.php:234

3)
Symfony\Component\Validator\Tests\Constraints\IpValidatorTest::testInvalidReservedIpsAll
with data set #1 ('224.0.0.1')
Failed asserting that actual size 0 matches expected size 1.

/build/symfony-2.3.21+dfsg/src/Symfony/Component/Validator/Tests/Constraints/AbstractConstraintValidatorTest.php:335
/build/symfony-2.3.21+dfsg/src/Symfony/Component/Validator/Tests/Constraints/IpValidatorTest.php:409

4)
Symfony\Component\Validator\Tests\Constraints\IpValidatorTest::testInvalidPublicIpsAll
with data set #4 ('224.0.0.1')
Failed asserting that actual size 0 matches expected size 1.

/build/symfony-2.3.21+dfsg/src/Symfony/Component/Validator/Tests/Constraints/AbstractConstraintValidatorTest.php:335
/build/symfony-2.3.21+dfsg/src/Symfony/Component/Validator/Tests/Constraints/IpValidatorTest.php:431

I haven't investigated those.

Cheers,
Emilio