Re: Wheezy update of tor?

Hi Peter

Sorry if you think I'm pushy. This was not my intention.

I'm guessing that the "a few minutes" referred to the fact that you
had got information from the security team, right?

The security team is not the same team as the long term security team.
I do not see the emails from the security team (I would get swamped
with emails) so I did not know they had informed you. I now guess
however as tor was in the list of needed DSA.

I'll add the information that you intend to handle this package in the
dla-needed.txt file that we use to track this with. Other people in
the LTS team will know then.

Best regards

// Ola

On 8 June 2017 at 22:19, Peter Palfrader <weasel@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Jun 2017, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
>
>> The Debian LTS team would like to fix the security issues which are
>> currently open in the Wheezy version of tor:
>> https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2017-0376
>
> This feels really pushy.  Please give a maintainer at least some time
> (more than a few minutes) before pinging them?
>
>> Would you like to take care of this yourself?
>
> I will.  In time.
> --
>                             |  .''`.       ** Debian **
>       Peter Palfrader       | : :' :      The  universal
>  https://www.palfrader.org/ | `. `'      Operating System
>                             |   `-    https://www.debian.org/

/  ola@inguza.com                    Folkebogatan 26            \
|  opal@debian.org                   654 68 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /