Re: Should icedove be renamed in oldstable?

Hi Guido

Now I understand the point. No objections then.

// Ola

On 28 February 2017 at 23:15, Guido Günther <agx@sigxcpu.org> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 09:17:38PM +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> Hi LTS Team, Guido and Christoph
>
> In the dla-needed.txt file I found the following lines:
>
> "icedove
>   NOTE: maintainer currenlty planx to rename to thunderbird with the next
>   NOTE: upstream version (#851989). Jessie / Wheezy should do the same."
>
> I must admit that I do not really see the point in changing the name in
> neither stable nor oldstable.

Since we're following upstream versions anyway not doing so will
significantly increase the backporting and testing efforts. So far
backporting Icedove was mostly a no brainer and we have benefitted 100%
percent from the work done by Carsten and Christoph in unstable /
testing. Much of this work is related to keeping the Icedove/Iceowl
branding in shape for the package and it's translations (look in the
patch-queue).

Furthermore we're finally in sync with Firefox again which did the
renaming in a stable release too.

I had a look at Carsten's work regarding the profile migration and I see
no reason why we should not do it in wheezy (iff Christoph intends to do
it for Jessie, which I assume).

Cheers,
 -- Guido

/  ola@inguza.com                    Folkebogatan 26            \
|  opal@debian.org                   654 68 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /