Re: Wheezy update of apache2?

Hi Ola,

On Friday, 23 December 2016 23:56:45 CET Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> the Debian LTS team would like to fix the security issues which are
> currently open in the Wheezy version of apache2:
> https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2016-8743
>
> Would you like to take care of this yourself?

The fix for that is very invasive and may well break some things. I would wait
with a backport until the fix has seen more exposure, both upstream and in
stretch (the fix will migrate from sid in a few days).

Also, there is some work upstream to get the changes backported to 2.2 in a
separate 2.2.x-merge-http-strict branch [1]. But it has not landed in the
2.2.x branch, yet.

I will share with you any insights I get from backporting the changes to
jessie. But it is somewhat unlikely that I will have time to do the backport
to wheezy myself.

Cheers,
Stefan

[1] https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x-merge-http-strict/