Re: Unsupported packages for Wheezy LTS

Hi,
On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 09:54:21AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 12 May 2016, Guido Günther wrote:
> > I have maintained icedove a while ago and know the codebase a bit. I'm
> > also sure we might get support from the current maintainers as long as
> > we're able to build the ESR releases for wheezy - which is Debian's
> > standard way to deal with Firefox/Thundergbird security updates. I can
> > look into building icedove 31.8 for wheezy. I could also check if we can
> > build 45.x which would keep us covered for at least another year:
> >
> >     https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/faq/
> >
> > So should we try to support ice{dove,weasel} at least for th3 45.x series?
>
> +1 from my side, even though we don't have any explicit support request
> from companies, it would really useful for end users and desktop
> deployments.

Icedove 45 went pretty well[1] so this looks doable. I'll put out packages
for testing as soon as we have a non beta in sid - Christoph and Carsten
(cc:ed) are looking into this).

We have firefox 45 in testing already so this will be next in case Mike
doesn't want to do it himself (see other mail).

Cheers,
 -- Guido

[1] https://github.com/agx/icedove/tree/wheezy-lts