Re: Invalid HTTP requests from apt, introduced by DLA 58-1

Hello Michael,

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014, Michael Vogt wrote:
> Thanks a lot for testing the update. I uploaded the fixed version into
> the squeeze-lts queue now and I hope it will get accpted as a
> update. I am not entirely sure how cases like this are handled as its
> not a security update and not (strictly) a regression, but given that
> I got reports from quite a few people I would really like to see the
> fix in squeeze-lts.

There's no "queue" in front of squeeze-lts. It works like unstable... what
you upload is immediately accepted. Thus we count on people doing
reasonable things and not uploading non-tested changes.

And the other side of the coin is that you should communicate on
debian-lts-announce why you made a specific changes. In this case, maybe
posting a DLA 58-3 would be appropriate, explaining that it fixes some
more regressions.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer