Re: updates in aptitude appearing in "Upgradable packages" rather than "Security Updates"

Hi,

On Fri, 17 Oct 2014, Cedric Knight wrote:
> For wheezy, security updates appear the "Security Updates" section of
> the main view of the aptitude package manager.  However, on servers
> using "deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ squeeze-lts main contrib",
> security updates are not distinguished from other "Upgradable
> Packages", which is a bit confusing.
>
> Is there any way to get them listed under "Security Updates"?

I don't know exactly what criteria aptitude is using to sort those
updates so I can't really tell you. I'm putting the aptitude developers
in copy so that they can reply.

Depending on how it's implemented, it might be doable by adjusting the
contents of the squeeze-lts Release file. Otherwise it might need a fix
in the aptitude codebase.

We have a similar problem with unattended-upgrades which will not detect
those updates as security updates because the repository label doesn't
contain the word security IIRC. Michael, is that something that you wish to
fix with a squeeze-lts upload? Or is that something that we should fix
by updating the squeeze-lts release file? (Ccing ftpmasters so that all
involved parties can voice their opinion)

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer