Re: lsb-base "Fancy output"; please test lsb-base/experimental (4.1+Debian0+fancy0)

Hi Martin,

Le 11.04.2012 22:09, Martin Zobel-Helas a écrit :
> root@kvasir:/home/zobel# /etc/init.d/apache2 foobar
> [ ok ] Usage: /etc/init.d/apache2 {start|stop|graceful-stop|restart|reload|force-reload|start-htcacheclean|stop-htcacheclean|status}.
> root@kvasir:/home/zobel#
>
> it that [ ok ] there really the right output, when using the wrong option for apache2?

Fair question I admit.

Although, after examination of /etc/init.d/apache2, it appears that it
uses the log_success_msg function that is not supposed to be used in
Debian initscripts (that's documented in /u/s/d/lsb-base/README.Debian).
As this function is supposed to log a successful action, it produces an
[ ok ].

/e/i.d/apache2 could use log_warning_msg that would produce a [warn] or
log_failure_msg that would produce a [FAIL], although I would recommend
using log_action_msg that will get a cyan [info] (soon, not uploaded yet).

Cheers,

OdyX