Re: LSB 3.1 qmtest-libstdcpp date output

Dave Neil wrote:
Has anyone had a problem running the LSB 3.1 qmtest-libstdcpp test on Etch lately? When running that test it exits due to a difference in the output of the "date" command for fr_FR and de_De locales. Example for French
Expects->     jeu  jan 19  00:15:31  UTC 2006
Gets->  jeudi 19 janvier  2006, 00:15:31 (UTC+0000)

Then exits the test.
yeah, this is a known issue (for de_DE, I guess now we need to add fr_FR to
the list as well). the pre-test script tries to make sure you have the right locales installed since we had so many failures due to the test's expectation that a bunch of locales will be installed. this check is a little too ambitious in that it's checking for specific patterns coming back and obviously those have been
subject to change.

the short-term fix is to just comment that out of the run_tests script. this is
not part of the conformance test itself so it's okay to do.

we've got a fix for some of this in the beta of the next version of this test (you could get that from the ftp site now); looks like there might be a little more to do.