Re: Please file a bug against ....

In my opinion you are much better off to use dd to make a working usb from an iso.
I have used dd, unetbootin, and various tools off Pendrive Linux and, for single images on one usb, dd is the best . I have never had a problem with it. I have, unfortunately, had issues with unetbootin even as late as last week.

Cheers.
k3lt01 (Michael)

On 19 August 2014 06:37, chals <chals@chalsattack.com> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 5:38 PM, Alex Rook <alex.rook@gmail.com> wrote:

> Exact version, Name, and Distribution ==
> Debian-live-7.6.0-amd64-kde-desktop.iso
>
> Via unetbootin on a hp g6 ( exact model Dandelion Breeze)
>
> Unable to find a medium containing a live file system

Hi,

If I remember correctly, some other people have reported problems when
using a debian live image with unetbootin. Can you please try using
the recommended way of "copying" the image to the USB drive as per
live-manual, which can be found at http://live-systems.org/ in the
Manual title?

If the problem persists, it might be due to an error in the image
(corrupted download?) or perhaps due to some unsupported hardware.

Good luck!

--
chals
www.chalsattack.com