Re: Running dd (in Windows DOS-box): "Error opening output file: 5 Access is denied"

On 27/02/13 20:58, Mark Filipak wrote:
c:\Setup\Debian 6.0.6 64-bit>dd
if=debian-live-6.0.6-amd64-gnome-desktop.iso of=I:/

I've tried several differing path specifications for both if and of. Any
help?

Thanks - Mark.

if should point to the file, so what you have there should work if that file is in the current directory. of should have only the disk identifier, no path ie 'of=I:' You may want to try running the DOS box as administrator if that is possible and applicable on your version of Windows.

Andrew