Re: web front end: requested HDD, got hybrid-iso

Greetings,

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 10:34 AM, Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
On 02/25/2013 12:15 PM, carolus wrote:
> Using the web front end, after choosing HDD (same as former HDD-USB?) I
> expected an .img file but got a hybrid-iso
>
> http://live-build-cgi.debian.net/build/20130225.065334.701272129/

I haven't looked at Richard's code, but I suspect this is because
lxde-desktop is used here, and it defaults to iso-hybrid. Thus, it is a
problem with layering the user's requested changes on top of the
live-images.git configurations used internally by the cgi builder.

On the config call by the frontend when I coded the changes, I missed the binary type. Not sure if that was on purpose or not, namely since I was not sure how tight to stick to default builds provided by git configs. Anyhow seem reasonable to include so I added in git.

You probably just need to wait until he gets a chance to review it, test
it, and roll out a new version that fixes the issue. There's nothing
more I can do than speculate.

Ben