Re: making edits to /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/inittab

> touching of interfaces through live-boot can be avoided by booting
> with 'nonetworking', including it through includes.chroot will then
> work.

Perfect.

> why? do you don't want autologin, or do you really don't want to run
> getty at all?

I was looking for a way to avoid the user accidently stumping across a
terminal from X. But doing it the way I suggested is dumb. Better
would be to disable this capability in xmodmap which is what I have
done.

Thanks for your expertise Daniel.

cheers,
--Ben

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net