Re: Graphics compatability without requiring advanced graphics capabilities

Thanks for the quick response Daniel.  For live-config doing the right thing, are you referring specifically to the changes to scripts/config/1150-xserver-xorg since November 2012?  T

Given that I need to use the ubuntu kernel (because of UEFI secure boot), and that the corresponding xorg configuration in casper (scripts/casper-bottom/20xconfig) doesn't do anything special with respect to proprietary drivers, which of the following approaches would you recommend?

1- Use ubuntu/casper and modify 20xconfig in casper to use the logic in 1150-xserver-xorg
2- Use ubuntu but use live-initramfs-tools instead of casper.  I tried to do this by setting --initramfs live-boot and --mode ubuntu as params to lb config, but ended up getting "run-init: making  initramfs contents: Directory not empty" errors everytime on multiple PCs.  Is trying to use ubuntu with live-boot (rather than casper) not going to work?
3- Use debian for everything but try to swap out the ubuntu kernel (that is signed) at the end.

Thanks,
Corey