Keyboard layout is the wrong one

Hi,

I've just build a live image (I'm using a "net" binary-image). I've set
up the variables :
LIVE_KEYBOARD_LAYOUTS=fr
LIVE_KEYBOARD_VARIANT=oss
but when I boot on this system, the keyboard remains in us layout.

If I do dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration and console-data
packages, it doesn't help. I have to execute "loadkeys fr" in order to
have the layout I'm asking for.

Does it ring a bell to somebody ? Am I doing something wrong ?

Another question, with the same image. Even with "noprompt quickreboot"
kernel parameters, the system is asking me to remove the media when I
reboot the server. Why ?

Thanks