Re: Adding user to some other groups

Thanks intrigeri and Ronny for the pointer to the preseed for
passwd/user-default-groups. I put the list of groups I wanted
in config/chroot_local-preseed/user, and later in
config/preseed/user-groups.preseed.chroot instead (which might be the "new"
place to put it -- I read the manual!) and in both cases user ends up
with only a subset of the groups specified. So:

root@ingrid:~/smrg-live# cat config/preseed/user-groups.preseed.chroot
debconf passwd/user-default-groups string audio cdrom dip floppy video plugdev netdev powerdev scanner bluetooth iocard

user@debian:~ groups
user cdrom floppy audio dip video plugdev scanner netdev bluetooth

This is on 3.0~a40-1.

Also:

root@ingrid:~/smrg-live# grep iocard *.log
binary.log:creating iocard group...
binary.log:Adding group `iocard' (GID 112) ...

/etc/groups on the target machine has iocard:x:112: which I think I would
expect. The group is created as a result of setting up the libcomedi0
package at chroot build time. There is no other reference to iocard in
binary.log.

The only other thing of significance is that during squashfs creation, I get

Parallel mksquashfs: Using 1 processor
Creating 4.0 filesystem on filesystem.squashfs, block size 131072.

Exportable Squashfs 4.0 filesystem, gzip compressed, data block size 131072
        compressed data, compressed metadata, compressed fragments, compressed x
attrs
        duplicates are removed
Filesystem size 1055883.25 Kbytes (1031.14 Mbytes)
        41.23% of uncompressed filesystem size (2560980.52 Kbytes)
Inode table size 1001348 bytes (977.88 Kbytes)
        29.43% of uncompressed inode table size (3402475 bytes)
Directory table size 949231 bytes (926.98 Kbytes)
        39.01% of uncompressed directory table size (2433281 bytes)
Xattr table size 36 bytes (0.04 Kbytes)
        90.00% of uncompressed xattr table size (40 bytes)
Number of duplicate files found 4389
Number of inodes 97954
Number of files 76719
Number of fragments 8345
Number of symbolic links  14651
Number of device nodes 203
Number of fifo nodes 2
Number of socket nodes 0
Number of directories 6379
Number of ids (unique uids + gids) 21
Number of uids 5
        root (0)
        man (6)
        unknown (102)
        libuuid (100)
        unknown (104)
Number of gids 19
        root (0)
        unknown (103)
        audio (29)
        tty (5)
        kmem (15)
        disk (6)
        adm (4)
        dip (30)
        shadow (42)
        utmp (43)
        crontab (102)
        unknown (108)
        unknown (105)
        unknown (110)
        staff (50)
        libuuid (101)
        unknown (106)
        unknown (111)
        mail (8)

...iocard has mysteriously vanashed.

I don't understand what's going on here :P

Nick/.