live-rw issues on 3.0~a27

Greetings, since I upgraded to live-boot 3.0~a27 it seems that I cannot have a live-rw persistence file on the same partition as my live squashfs.  It seems to fail in live-helpers:771 stating that "mounting /live/image on /live/persistence/sda1 failed: No such file or directory"  That seems strange to me because /live/image has to be there for pretty much anything to work, and it did not look like from the live-boot.log file that it had been moved yet.  Has anyone else tried it with the live-rw and the live.squashfs on the same partition?  Thanks!