Re: netboot option

On 2012-04-04 10:49, Daniel Baumann wrote:
On 04/04/2012 04:30 PM, Bob Blanchard wrote:
So right away I noticed that tftpboot didn't contain the debian-live
directory with the kernel and initrd, which according to online manual
it should.

just to be precise, the kernel and initrd should be in tftpboot, but not
the other live/* stuff. i've fixed that for lb in git.

The pxelinux.cfg was a file, so I had to move it to pxelinux.cfg/default
(since my pxe clients were complaining "cannot find config file").

fixed in git, thanks.

Thanks for fixing!

At this point I guessed that the kernel needed CONFIG_ROOT_NFS, so I
re-built the kernel, copied it to tftpboot, and added "root=/dev/nfs
nfsroot=192.168.202.187:/usr2/debian-live" to live.cfg - and I was then
able to boot successfully.

this is using nfs boot options of the kernel in connection with
initramfs-tools, not the one of debian-live (see previous answer to one
of your mails).

Sorry, not too familiar with debian-live.. are you saying these nfs boot options are NOT necessary? How is it done with debian-live?

In the meantime, I'll try grabbing latest git and try again.

-Bob