Re: Caching proxy for Debian package files on squeeze home server

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 01:34:12PM -0600, Scott A wrote:
> Does anyone have suggestions regarding a the most appropriate how server
> proxy/caching tool debian/ubuntu  distro hopping and live-build?
>
> My goal  to setup a local debian package file cache on my home server for
> the purpose of saving bandwidth when I work with the live-build suite.
>
> I have a ppc debian server running squeeze (excito bubba B2) and would like
> to only download .deb files to my home network one time per version.
> apt-mirror, apt-cacher, apt-cacher-ng and squid all seem to be sane
> options.

I'm a happy camper with apt-cacher-ng

> Incremental caching is preferred to intermittent mirroring.

Don't know what Original Poster exactly means,
but apt-cacher-ng can be switched/configured to an off-line mode.

>  Gracefully handling 3rd party repositories would be a bonus.

apt-cacher-ng can proxy/cache other repostisories as Debian and/or Ubuntu.

> V/R
> Scott

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
> And is there a policy on top-posting vs. bottom-posting?
Yes.